ACTIONS TO TAKE FROM HABITAT FOR HUMANITY:
1. Call an elected official to demand swift justice. Contact Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, and the Minneapolis City Council and urge them to press charges against all four officers involved in the murder of George Floyd and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
- Support George Floyd’s family and organizations on the ground. Donate to the Official George Floyd Memorial Fund, and learn more from Black Visions Collective, Reclaim the Block, and the Minnesota Freedom Fund.
- Learn history. Resources like Mapping Prejudice, Voices of Rondo, and Jim Crow of the North shed light on the structural racism embedded into the fabric of the Twin Cities and explain how years of racist housing policies continue to impact us today.
- Talk to a friend. Don’t let this tragic incident of violence in our community fade into the background. Reach out to friends, family, and neighbors and have a conversation about the racism in our community that led to the murder of George Floyd and our resolve for building the equitable community that we want to see.”
DONATE & SIGN PETITIONS:
- Minnesota Freedom Fund - Pays criminal bail and immigration bonds for those who cannot afford, seeking to end discrimination and oppressive jailing.
- NAACP Legal Defence Fund - Since 1940, NAACP LCF has been the vanguard of the fight for civil rights and racial justice in the courts.
- Black Lives Matter - to support the ongoing flight to end state-sanctioned violence, liberate Black people, and end white supremacy.
- Eji Org - Has done work around incarnation and racial inequality, especially for children.
- The Bail Project - Combats racial and economic disparities in the bail system.
- Color of Change - Promotes Black voices and builds accountability with online campaigns.
- Project Equity - Uses research to promote police transparency.
- Until Freedom - Focuses on gun violence prevention through advocacy, campaigns, and rapid response.
- Black Visions Collective - A legal fund and social justice organization in Minne.
- ACLU nationwide - A broad range of legal services for civil rights issues.
- Justice for Amaud Arbery Fundraiser
- Justice for Breonna Taylor Petition and Fundraiser
Send cards, letters of encouragement and/or contributions by mail at:
The Estate of George Floyd
c/o Ben Crump Law, PLLC
122 S. Calhoun Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Attn: Adner Marcelin
A list of black-owned businesses to support.
- Anti-Racism Resource Guide by Tasha K. Ryals - books, essays, podcasts, and more.
PEOPLE TO FOLLOW AND LISTEN TO: