Admist the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic a majority of the population has experienced a reduction of income or have lost their jobs completely. Here are a list of companies spanning from technology to retail who are hiring to meet increased demand caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Instacart, same-day grocery delivery pick up service in the US and Canada, says it’s looking to hire 300,000 contract workers over the next three months.
- Walmart announced that it will hire 150,000 workers for its distribution and fulfillment centers.
- Amazon says it’s looking to hire 100,000 new workers for its fulfillment centers and delivery network.
- CVS Health is hiring 50,000 employees to serve in various capacities across its business.
- Dollar General says it's looking to add 50,000 employees by the end of April.
- Pizza Hut is hiring 30,000 permanent employees to serve as drivers, shift leaders, cooks and managers.
- Lowe’s is hiring 30,000 employees to meet the demand created by the coronavirus.
- Dollar Tree, which is also the parent company of Family Dollar, is hiring 25,000 workers for its stores and distribution centers.
- Walgreens is hiring 25,000 employees for permanent and temporary roles.
- 7-Eleven is hiring up to 20,000 employees due to increased demand.
- Kroger is looking to hire an additional 20,000 workers across the U.S.
- Domino’s is hiring up to 10,000 employees across the country for various roles inside the company.
- PepsiCo says it plans to hire 6,000 employees over the coming months.
- Big Lots is hiring 5,000 people to help meet increased demand.
Outschool, offers over 10,000 live, video-
enabled classes for young people ages three to 18, is looking to hire 5,000 teachers to start offering online classes.
- Takeda, a large pharmaceutical company, is hiring for 2,000 positions.
- Publix Super Markets is hiring "thousands" of workers to meet increased demand.
- Safeway is hiring thousands of workers due to the demand created by the virus.
- Shipt, same day delivery service owned by Target, is hiring "thousands" of people across the country.
- BJ's Wholesale Club is hiring an unknown number of employees.
- Blue Apron, an American ingredient-and-recipe meal kit service, is looking to hire an unknown number of employees in New Jersey and California.
- Land O’Lakes is looking to hire an unknown number of workers to meet increased demand.
- Support.com, a technical support company for businesses and consumers is hiring an unknown number of workers for remote positions.
- SpaceX is hiring an unknown number of workers as it looks to ramp up production of its Starships.