1. DO YA HOMEWORK:Carefully examine the job description & the business.
- Double back on the Job description - Know the qualifications they are looking for and how to speak to your own experience and skills.
- Know general facts about the company:
- When it was founded
- What's their mission statement
- Who are their competitors
- Current campaigns/ brand partners?
2. FIND YOUR CONFIDENCE: Consider why you are being chosen for an interview.
- UMMM HELLO! It’s because you are qualified. Just getting the interview is a celebration in itself. It's tough out here.
3. COME PREPPED: Consider your answers to common interview questions.
- Make sure you are clear, honest, and direct in your responses.
- Practice your speaking voice and body language.
- Avoid using words that will take away from what you're actually saying such as “like” and “um.”
- ALWAYS Practice eye contact while speaking and listening. Locate the decision maker and always make eye contact when finishing a strong statement.
- Print your resume to hand to the person you're interviewing with.
- Prep with your friend- role pay!
- Prepare thoughtful questions:
- What is the company culture like?
- What would my day to day look like?
- How am I going to be evaluated?
- What are the challenges you are currently facing?
- How do you see me (in this role) helping to solve them?
4. SELL YOURSELF!: This is the time to brag about all you have accomplished
- This Interview is all about you:
- Who you are
? Professionally and Personally (Let them get to know you a bit)
- What value you can bring to the company? And the details on how you will execute and achieve brining that value.
5. FOLLOW UP: Never forget it!
- After every interview, it’s important to follow up with the person who lended you their time.
- Always re-attach your resume!